Saturday 5 January 2013

Bridge to 10k

Whoops! It has been a long time since I last posted - but I have still been running and had worked my way back up to running up to 30+ minutes but I just wasn't pushing myself any harder. This year I have signed up for a 10k run in April so having been inspired by some posts on the NHS C25K forum I decided to attempt the B210k.

Dot and I did week 1 run 1 on Thursday evening (4 x 10 minutes running with 1 minute walk in between) although we didn't use the podcast I'd downloaded and just timed the running with a stop watch and listened to our own music. Because of this we probably allowed ourselves a little longer than a minute between runs - but no more than 90 seconds.

By the fourth run I was definitely getting tired - although Dot didn't seem to be flagging at all! It had felt like we were going faster than normal earlier in the run but we definitely slowed down later in the run. I've just checked the stats and we did the first mile in 10.49 which is fast for me but the last mile was 12.33 - but there were occasions when we had to pause to let traffic go by and I wasn't super quick at pausing Endomondo each time.

When we finished we had covered 3.51 miles so decided to have a couple of minutes walk and then run an extra half a mile to make it up to 4 miles. I'm really pleased we did and we both felt very proud of ourselves - I can't wait for the next run!           

No comments:

Post a Comment